Thursday, December 22, 2011

Party Party Party Let's All Get...

...If only I could finish that sentence. Soon enough my little liver... soon enough.

Tonight the hubster and I are having people over for a little Christmas Party / Birthday Party (for both Jesus and myself). *side note: try sharing the spotlight with Hey-Zeus... he's pretty popular*

Jamie and I have been trying to get everything ready, not only for da baybee but for this party. It's been fun seeing the house come together, slowly but surely. We can see it starting to form into a "home" and this excites me for the future. Obvi I would kill for it to be COMPLETE but what can ya do...

Yesterday afternoon, Jamie came and got an old bookshelf that I had brought into my office a couple years back and put it in Max's room to house his books and future toys. When I got home from work, Jamie excitably said "COME SEE!" I walked in to find that Bailey, our cat, had jumped in our bookshelf and left us a little present. She had thrown up somewhere in between Jamie putting it up and me getting home... Jamie had no idea. I giggled as I watched Jamie clean it up, in which case I told him this was good practice of what was to come....then had him help me get my shoes and pants off. Ya know, for "practice."

Ok, back to tonight - Some of my girlfriends are bringing small dishes for all of us to snack on and I plan on making some items as well.

First, I made good ole fashion Peanut Butter Balls. Mmmm....


I have found that I probably should have made a second batch, as we keep eating them ourselves.

This afternoon, I plan to whip up some Red Velvet Cupcakes and turn them into a version of this North Pole masterpiece...

And what's a party without Sausage Balls? I found this recipe for Cream Cheese Sausage Balls on Pinterest and am anxious to try it out!


And lastly, we will make these Ham & Cheese Sliders as well. My hubbie's mother makes these often and they are fairly simple and delicious! They also keep very well as you can freeze them and throw them in the oven to reheat.


I am SO excited to have everyone over and am looking forward to the fellowship. If my face (and body) weren't so swollen, I'd be super stoked to share pictures... but we will just play that one by ear.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Partying!!!

1 comment:

  1. That food looks good! Happy early birthday lady!

    ReplyDelete