Monday, October 17, 2011

Baby Talk

Update on the Bambino Life -

In our recent trip to Bham this weekend, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law (Mary) and myself went to register at Babies-R-Us. It was nice to have a 'Vet' amongst us as Mary could tell me what was necessary and what was not. We walked the store for about 45 mins, while Mary pointed to items telling me "Scan this"... "Scan that"... it was great. If it wasn't for her, I'd still be on aisle 1, staring at bottles and nipples - who knew they made 876 different types of nipples! Lord help me...

After registering for some necessities - we walked over to Pottery Barn Kids, where we picked a crib... thank GOD! I've been staring at cribs online for weeks and let me tell ya, they all look the same. I tried picking a color scheme that I wanted to go with, thinking that would help in my search, but alas - it only got me to fall in LOVE with a crib that cost $999.


Yup! How perfect is that?! It's gorgeous and the distressed look is to die for.

Moving on...

While in Pottery Barn, THANKFULLY they only had a select few cribs in store. It helps my indecisive brain to only have 3 options to choose from. After looking at Pottery Barn's version of "white" vs. their espresso color - I decided to go with their Kendall Collection, in espresso. On Sale $399
I've decided not to choose a "theme" for our nursery, rather make it simple. I'm in LOVE with this Restoration Hardware bedding. So simple. On Sale $295


...again, that dang crib. It will haunt my dreams. want to sleep in that thing! Sheesh.

With the brown crib, I'm dying to find a distressed/vintage type of dresser. Some off color. Maybe this...



I plan to hit up some antique shops soon - see what I can find.

Found these darling signs to add pops of color in the room.



Plan to recreate them myself, making the grey areas more 'brown' - or have the awesome Leslie Brown take charge (probably best). Either frame them in white or she suggested putting them on wooden posts. Like, a distressed piece of wood. Sounds interesting to me, but I'm having a hard time getting a "visual."

Hopefully this will all come together, nicely. Maybe once we get the crib in there, we will be able to get more ideas. But for now, this is a start. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love these ideas! Sounds like the baby room is coming along! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crying is for 'other babies'! If only!

    ReplyDelete